Monday, January 2, 2017

...and may your dreams come true


Image result for Happy new year 2017It’s 2017, can you believe it? New Year, new beginnings, new everything, but same old problem: what should I blog about? New year’s resolutions? Definitely not. Been there, done that, over blown topic this time of year. And really does anybody keep the resolutions past February? I have made and kept resolutions in the past and I have broken so many that I had given up making resolutions for many years. However blogging on the 1st of the month especially in January, I have all but killed that topic, so I’m not gonna blog about resolutions.


Last month I intended to write about character development. I had a great article in my head about how the characters in novels should never be the same after they have lived the through all the twists and turns of the novel. I intended to bemoan the fact that many serial novels have leading characters that remain unchanged from book to book even though they may have lived through major life altering plots. But then, they say that the road to hell if filled with good intentions. I guess I’m on that road because in the business of life, the post never made it from my head to the computer, much less Novelspaces blog site. I’m not going to bore you with that blog anyway.

I guess I could write a reflection of 2016, how many great stars we’ve lost, or how little writing I got done and how much I could improve. But I’m sure there are too many blogs about that. I could write about the weight I’ve gained from Thanksgiving to New Years and how I intend to get it off, but based on the television, radio and internet commercials, there is too much of that topic circulating the blogosphere.

So in the absence of things to write about, I will just wish everybody, readers, writers, all who visit this blog site a bright and Prosperous New Year. And to the writers: May your writing dreams come true for 2017.  May you have bestsellers this year. May your publishing dreams come true. May your marketing strategies work for visibility and translate into sales. May your creative genius shine through that readers may read and enjoy your books.

Have a happy New Year, and may 2017 be filled with joy and fulfillment...

...and may your dreams come true.

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

New years are a time for dreaming.

Liane Spicer said...

Thank you, Jewel, and I wish the same for you! I like this time of year because it makes one feel there's a chance of starting things afresh. Maybe it's just a dream--but we can't live without our dreams!

Jewel Amethyst said...

especially writers. We definitely can't live without dreams